Saturday, February 2, 2008

scotcheroos & product review

I just got back from walmart and discovered that Fiber One now has caramel bars. They are just as delicious as the chocolate and peanut butter bars! They taste a lot like these scotcheroos i made last night. I don't have the NI for the Honey Bunches of Oats so the NI given for this recipe is incorrect, but close. I think the fiber would be higher if i had used the NI for the Honey Bunches of Oats.

Chocolate Scotcheroos
1 c. light corn syrup
1 c. Splenda
1/3 c. peanut butter
2 c. Rice Krispies
2 1/2 c. Honey Bunches of Oats
1/2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 c. butterscotch chips

Place corn syrup in large saucepan. Cook over medium heat until it comes to a boil. Remove from heat and add Splenda and peanut butter and stir until well combined. Stir in cereals. Spray 13x9 pan with cooking spray and pour cereal mixture in and spread out. Microwave chips together until melted; stirring every 30 seconds. Spread chips over cereal mixture and refrigerate until set.
Yield: 24 bars= (not completely accurate)111 Calories; 3g Fat (24.0% calories from fat); 2g Protein; 21g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; trace Cholesterol; 87mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 1/2 Fat; 1 Other Carbohydrates.


How long must i wrestle with my thoughts and every day have sorrow in my heart? How long will my enemy triumph over me? -Psalm 13:2

1 comment:

ShellyH said...

YUM! I love scotheroos! You have a great blog, I enjoy reading and collecting new recipes!