Friday, November 21, 2008

Chicken of the gods

I'm not sure how the name of this recipe came about. It was ok but pretty bland. I added the dijon mustard to spice it up.


Chicken of the gods
2 Tbsp dry mustard
1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
10 3/4 ounces chicken and rice soup, condensed (10 oz)
3 tablespoons dijon mustard
1/2 cup shredded carrots
6 ounces frozen broccoli flowerets

Place frozen chicken breasts in 3 quart slow cooker. Combine mustard with soup and pour over chicken. Top with carrots and broccoli. Cook on low 7-8 hours.
Yield: 4 servings= 262 Calories; 5g Fat (16.2% calories from fat); 44g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 103mg Cholesterol; 771mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.

The Lord will work out his plans for my life- for your faithful love, O Lord, endures forever. Don't abandon me, for you made me. - Psalm 138:8

No comments: