Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Baked Apple Chips

Last night I made this recipe from Sparkpeople.com. I couldn't cut my apples thin enough so they weren't really like chips but they were delicious! And the house smelled wonderful while they baked!

Baked Apple Chips
4 apples, fresh (sliced paper thin)
Mix of Splenda and ground cinnamon

On top of 2 large cookie sheets, use parchment paper or cooling racks (like you'd use for cookies). If using cooling racks, line cookie sheets with aluminum foil. Preheat the oven to 225 degrees.Core, then slice 4 apples as paper thin as possible (a mandoline slicer is helpful if you have one). Spread the apples in a single layer on top of the parchment paper or cooling rack. Sprinkle lightly with a cinnamon/Splenda mix. Cook in the oven for 1 hour. Turn over, sprinkle again with Splenda/cinnamon and bake for another hour until lightly browned. Store in an air-tight container, such as a zippered sandwich bag.

Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold. - Phil 3:12

1 comment:

Katie said...

Sounds delicious. I've been craving these so I can't wait to make em. I'm so glad I stumbled onto your blog.