Saturday, August 22, 2009

Instant Cookies

I think this is a Joanna Lund recipe that I got through Cooking With Faith. They were ok...maybe something you would like with tea or something. Seems like they would be really good for a diabetic... The recipe is supposed to make 16 but I could only get 14 small cookies. It's a very sticky dough.


Instant Cookies
Serves 4 (4 cookies) (tea sized cookies)

1 (4-serving) package sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
3/4 Cup Bisquick Heart Smart Baking Mix
1 egg, or equivalent in egg substitute
1/4 Cup unsweetened applesauce

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
In a large bowl, combine dry pudding mix and dry baking mix.
Add egg and applesauce.
Mix well to combine.
Drop by spoonfuls onto parchment lined cookie sheet to form 16 cookies.
Flatten slightly with a fork dipped in Splenda.
Bake for 6 to 7 minutes.
Place on a wire rack and allow to cool.

131 Calories, 3g Fat, 3g Protein, 23g Carbohydrates, 571mg Sodium, 25mg Calcium, 0g Fiber
Diabetic Exchanges: 1/ 1/2 Starch
Carb Choices: 1 1/2


The Lord will work out his plans for my life-- for your faithful love, O Lord, endures forever. Don't abandon me, for you made me. - Psalm 138:8

No comments: