Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Chicken Apple Chili

This is my version of a Rachael Ray recipe from the current issue of her magazine. It was better than I thought it might be.

Chicken Apple Chili
1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
3 tsp chili powder
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp smoked paprika
2 TB sliced green onion
2 c. ff chicken broth
15 oz great northern beans, rinsed & drained
20 oz canned sliced apples, diced
1/2 c. reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese

cut chicken into bite-sized pieces. In large saucepan, brown chicken. Add chili powder, cumin, paprika, and green onions. After chicken is done add broth, beans, apples and cheese. Simmer 15 minutes.
Yield: 5 servings. Per serving= 325 Calories; 9g Fat (23.8% calories from fat); 28g Protein; 39g Carbohydrate; 7g Dietary Fiber; 81mg Cholesterol; 425mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 1 Lean Meat; 1 Fruit; 0 Fat.


I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am. I know how to get along with humble means, and I also know how to live in prosperity. I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. - Philippians 4:11-13

No comments: