Sunday, February 6, 2011

Cookbook Review- Eating Well With Diabetes

I am becoming increasingly interested in recipes for those living with diabetes. My grandmother died from complications of diabetes so I want to guard my health by monitoring my carbs.

Eating Well With Diabetes by Mary Jane Finsand, Edith White and Karin Cadwell was unfortunately, not what I was looking for.  There is actually a recipe in here for Calf's Brains, Beef Tongue and some other equally unappetizing dishes. There were only two recipes in this book that I liked enough to try. One was the Cheese Appetizers you can find earlier on my blog and I revised that one a little. If you enjoy cuts of meat such as, tongue and brains, this may be the book for you.  You can order it from me at paperbackswap.com.
: )

No comments: