Wednesday, October 28, 2009

So I called Aetna...

So I called Aetna last Friday and asked the customer service girl "who sets Aetna's policies? Do you have a medical director?"
She stammers around then says, "The policies are set by your HR staff."
"No," I say, "not MY policy, ALL of the policies of Aetna. Like not paying for diagnostic mammograms."
She sighs and asks me to hold.
I say, "Sure, and why don't you find a supervisor I can talk to?"
"Well, they're going to have to do the same thing I'm doing- research."
"That's fine. Please transfer me to a supervisor."
After a few minutes she comes back and says she can't transfer me to a supervisor without my member ID number. ??!!!!
I give her the number, even though it has nothing to do with my question. She puts me on hold again. After 5 minutes of waiting, I hung up.
But online at the Aetna site I find that Lonny Reisman is the Chief Medical Officer for Aetna. They give a number for the media to call. So, as a freelance writer, I am media, so I call. I left a message. I wonder how long it will take them to call me back?
Meanwhile, Mom calls tonight and says she got an email from Aetna and they are going to pay for the first diagnostic mammogram she had this year!

No comments: