Monday, November 22, 2010

Hashbrown soup

Tasty comfort food!  I tried this years ago and could not understand why everyone raved about it. One day I realized I didn't like it because I used the O'brien potatoes with peppers and onions. I don't like the taste of that frozen mix. So tonight I just used plain ol' shredded potatoes. Delicious!

Hashbrown Soup

26 oz frozen shredded potatoes
7 oz diced turkey smoked sausage
2.64 oz white gravy mix
2 (14.5oz) cans fat free chicken broth
2 c. water


Combine all ingredients in large saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes.

Yield: 6 servings. Per serving (about 1 ½ cups)= 213 Calories; 5g Fat (19.7% calories from fat); 13g Protein; 33g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 15mg Cholesterol; 971mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

With praise and thanksgiving they sang to the Lord: "He is good; his love to Israel endures forever." And all the people gave a great shout of praise to the Lord, because the foundation of the house of the Lord was laid. Ezr. 3:11

No comments: