Friday, December 18, 2009

Hot Mamas

I got this recipe from the WW Recipe Review Board Christmas Recipe Swap. Janene Shaw sent it to me. I altered her recipe as I was afraid all of the cheese would be too many points. I think I'll double it to 2 cups next time so that's what I'm putting in this recipe.
I used a bunch of pickled "tame" peppers. The heat is just in the background. REALLY good!

Hot Mamas
4 oz pickled jalapenos
2 c. cheese, reduced fat Mexican blend
2 eggs
12 oz evaporated skim milk
1/2 c. flour

Preheat oven to 350^. Spray 9x13 pan with cooking spray. Place jalapenos in pan and top with cheese. In medium bowl, combine eggs, milk and flour. Pour over cheese. Bake 45 minutes and cut into squares.
Yield: 12 squares. Per square= 111 Calories; 5g Fat (41.8% calories from fat); 8g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 46mg Cholesterol; 317mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 1/2 Non-Fat Milk; 0 Fat.

Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

1 comment:

Unknown said...

this sounds DELISH!!!!

I am just out visiting other Oklahoma bloggers so nice to have found your blog